I really loved doing the first sample using pattern development; and it just seemed to fly from my fingers.
The second sample varied the thread thickness. I did not like the extremes of thread thicknesses as they either looked to scrawny or thick and distorting on the fabric. I especially didn’t like how the thickest thread just turned the pattern into a blob.
The third sample was my nemesis. My brain had a really hard time calculating the appropriate original (lightest) spacing to end up with the spacing for the darkest section or vice versa. It took many graphing and stitching attempts. I finally realized that the lightest spacing had to be divisible by two and then divisible by two again. It felt like quite an accomplish when I finally got this sample finished!